Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error when attempting to secure Bitbucket Server with Tomcat using SSL

Nebeyu Daniel May 6, 2020

I followed the steps in the following link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/securing-bitbucket-server-with-tomcat-using-ssl-776640127.html. First, I changed the base URL for the bitbucket server then I used an existing jks file and updated the bitbucket.properties as instructed. The problem is that when I use the new URL I get the following error: 

• The database, as currently configured, is not accessible. Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-176]

Also to give some background I am using an internal H2 database and am unsure how to close all other connections. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

@Nebeyu Daniel   

Unix-Like Server

If you using unix like server (eg Centos, Linux etc..)try to kill the java process; type the below on terminal  to get the Bitbucket process id(PID)

• ps aux | grep java
  • Kill -9  PID
  • Then restart the bit-bucket application

On Windows server to be specific 2012

• Open task manager and right click on the process you want to kill, and select Go to details
  • Find the highlighted executable
  • Use it in your taskkill command, eg. taskkill /f /t /im process.exe
  • then restart the Bitbucket application

Try and give  feed back  and once you are able to  solve problem is time to have a self manage  database server.

Best regards,

Mo

Nebeyu Daniel May 8, 2020

Hi Moses,

Thanks for the help. I tried the steps and it works. I am going to move to a self managed database server soon. 

Best,

Nebeyu Daniel

Like Moses Thomas likes this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

@Nebeyu Daniel  Great to hear :),  please accept solution so others that fall in similar situation could use.

Have a pleasant weekend,

Mo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events