Exceeds size in header

Hi,
Ive got another problem though and couldn't find any help on your manual websites.

ERROR: A backup could not be created. Reason: request to write '117' bytes exceeds size in header of '0' bytes for entry. './PaXHeaders.X/atlassian-stash/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/stash/interval/web/soy/functions/help/'
Thanks for help

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Brent Plump Atlassian Team Sep 02, 2013

That error appears to have something to do with long paths (>100 characters long). We are accomodating for long paths, but clearly something isn't working. Could you please raise a Stash support request and post the backup client's logs (in the backup client "logs" directory)? I'll investigate as soon as I see the logs. Thanks!

Please also note that the purpose of the Stash backup client is to back up the Stash home directory (where Stash writes its data), not the Stash installation directory (where each new version of Stash is extracted to when downloaded fromatlassian.com).

The path WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/stash/interval/web/soy/functions/help is a directory in the Stash installation and so it is possible you have set an incorrect value for stash.home in your backup-config.properties file. The Stash home contains directories such as "export", "log", "plugins", "data", "caches" "config" and "lib" and never contains a "WEB-INF" directory.

Please also note that the purpose of the Stash backup client is to back up the Stash home directory (where Stash writes its data), not the Stash installation directory (where each new version of Stash is extracted to when downloaded from atlassian.com).

The path WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/stash/interval/web/soy/functions/help is a directory in the Stash installation and so it is possible you have set an incorrect value for stash.home in your backup-config.properties file. The Stash home contains directories such as "export", "log", "plugins", "data", "caches" "config" and "lib" and never contains a "WEB-INF" directory.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Bitbucket

What is your #1 piece of advice to new users getting started using Bitbucket?

Hello Community! My name is Claire Maynard, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Bitbucket team. I’m interested in hearing what advice or tips you have for new users getting started on ...

162 views 9 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you