Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : The version of this runner is outdated. Upgrade to the latest version (1.408).

Louis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2023

I faced the above error when using self-hosted Linux Docker Runner,

I had tried to update the docker image and yet the system showed image up-to-date.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Louis and @Christof Koegler _Gaims GmbH_,

Can you try updating the image now by running

docker image pull docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-runner:1

If you ecnounter the following error

docker: Error response from daemon: docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/runner-76b247e7-b925-5e7b-9da2-1cda14c4ff2c" is already in use by container "c3403236e3af5962ed3a9b8771561bd2021974941cc8a89a40c6c66cecb18f53". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name. See 'docker run --help'.

then remove the runner first with the following command and then try to update again

docker container rm -f runner-76b247e7-b925-5e7b-9da2-1cda14c4ff2c

The issue should be resolved now. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Christof Koegler _Gaims GmbH_ February 9, 2023

Hi @Theodora Boudale ,

Yes, it works now. Thank you!

Best regards,

Chris

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2023

That's good to hear, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Depstan Thankachan Xavier March 3, 2023

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Could you please let me know where the docker command I need to run Is it in my yml file? or do we need admin access to run the run the docker command

Christof Koegler _Gaims GmbH_ March 6, 2023

Hi Depstan,

This only applies to self-hosted runners, in which case you would need access to the server on which you installed the runner. You would then run the docker command in a bash terminal.

If you use the normal Bitbucket cloud runners, you do not have to worry about outdated runners.

Cheers,

Chris

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2023

Hi @Depstan Thankachan Xavier,

If you are using a self-hosted runner, the Docker command that starts the runner is provided to the user that creates the runner from our website, during the runner creation. It is not possible to retrieve this Docker command later.

If you did not create the runner yourself, you can ask the admin who created the runner if they have saved somewhere that command. If not, an admin needs to remove the existing runner from our website and create a new one; they will be given a Docker command to start the new runner. It would be good to save that command, in order to restart the runner after an update.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Depstan Thankachan Xavier March 8, 2023

@Theodora Boudale I will let my admin know about the your response.

Thanks for your quick response.

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
0 votes
Christof Koegler _Gaims GmbH_ February 7, 2023

Same, seems to be a problem on Bitbucket's side. Most likely there was an issue with pushing the newest image to their registry.

Which version of the runner are you currently using (1.401 in my case)?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events