Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Hooks for all repositories

Adam Nerderman June 27, 2013

Is there a way for administrators to setup or enable a post-receieve hook to be defined for all repositories by default and only administrators have the ability to turn it off?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Hi Adam,

I'm afraid there's nothing out-of-the-box that will help you here.

If you're talking about pre-built Stash plugins then I'm afraid all you can do is either use the REST api and enable them with a script, or perhaps write a plugin that detects when a repository is added and enable them automatically.

If you're creating a new, specific hook for Stash you could consider writing a plugin using the low-level Hook interface which are automatically enabled by default. The downside is you would have to write your own configuration screen manually.

If you're talking about some custom-built post-receive hooks scripts then I believe you can add them to the global Git templates directory, which Git (and therefore Stash) uses when creating a new repository. The scripts should themselves be a symlink to another file so you can update them in a single location.

Even though this is closed, you might be interested in a few of the answeres here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3382

Cheers,

Charles

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events