Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Folder Icon?

dgplugge May 11, 2018

I have a Visual Studio Solution which is comprised of 3 main directories.  I want to include them into a single repository.  I deleted the ".git" folder in the ActiveControl folder, so I could Git Init, Git Add, Git Commit, Git remote and Git Push a new repository from the top folder.  

It seems to go well for the first 2 main folders, however the third folder contains no code and has the double folder icon.  I can't seem to find documentation on what this icon means.  It appears I still have artifacts from the previous Git repository.

Two questions: what is the double folder icon and how can I get a true source code folder created?

BitBucket Screen.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2018

Hi Don! Looks like you created a submodule. Git submodules are simply a reference to another repository at a particular snapshot in time. They simply exist as a config entry inside .gitmodules. You can read more about them at Git submodules Please review the article to understand how it got created and undo the actions, and let us know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Ana

dgplugge June 13, 2018

Yes, Ana, I thought I already checked for a nested .git folder.  Apparently, I missed it.  After deleting the nested .git folder I reinitialized the git repository with init, add, commit, remote and push.  Once again, all is right with the world.

Thanks,

Don

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2018

That's great news, Don! Glad we figured it out :)

Have a good day,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events