Diff giving 404 File Not Found Error

We are seeing 404 File Not Found Errors on some files (not all) on pull requests.

Note we are using IIS as a proxy server.

All other functionality seems to be working, and the error doesn't happen on all files.

There also does not seem to be a clear link i.e. new files added - it happens to existing and new files.

4 answers

0 vote

Hi Algebris! Which Bitbucket Server version do you have? It looks like you might be affected by the bug BSERV-10192.

Can you share a screenshot of the message so we can confirm if you're indeed facing that bug?

Best regards!

Ana

Hi, there are actually other issues as well.

1). certain files cannot be viewed in pull request. For example, the diff of some C# code cannot be viewed.

1.png

But some C# file can be viewed.

2).  Similarly, some SQL file can be viewed in pull request diff, but some others cannot, as shown below.

2.png

Can you please urgently help? We haven't had any response for 2 weeks and this is currently blocking our daily work.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this is a different error - please see screenshots.

As mentioned, we are running IIS as a proxy server infront of Bitbucket and have a DNS entry mapped from bitbucket.algebris.lan to alg-ln-bld1v:8060.

We have both JIRA and Confluence running under the same format without issue. And note, this only happens on some files and not others. The utils.cs script below has been in our master branch from the beginning.

ss1.pngss2.png

Is there any update on this. There has been no response for 1 week?

0 vote
Dave Chevell Atlassian Team Feb 12, 2018

Hey Algebris,

Your last screenshot seems to show that different behaviour is occurring when you access Bitbucket Server via your IIS reverse proxy, vs. when you bypass the reverse proxy and connect to Bitbucket's listening port directly.

It could be that IIS is blocking certain types of file content as "unsafe", forcing a 404. The 404 message from your last screenshot looks like it came from IIS, not from Bitbucket Server.

Can you bypass IIS and connect to Bitbucket Server directly (i.e. via  alg-ln-bld1v:8060) and test some of diffs that were previously not working?

If you find that these diffs all work correctly when you bypass IIS, you should contact your network administrator with an example of a file that was blocked and see if it contains content or patterns that IIS is blocking. I've seen cases in the past where a reverse proxy was picking up certain string matches and deeming them unsafe, and refusing to load the request for that content, causing similar errors to the ones you're seeing here.

Let me know how you go Algebris!

Cheers,

Dave Chevell  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

23,814 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you