Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a project with empty repos

BeaconEducator September 3, 2020

We recently upgraded our servers. We moved our the database and restored users. However we lost our repos in the transition. The repos still appear in bitbucket but I cannot delete because they are empty. When I click on them I get a 404 error. I cannot delete the old projects without deleting the repos first but are empty and go to a 404 page. How can I remove the projects?

1 answer

0 votes
Tomasz Tokarczuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2020

Hi BeaconEducator,

Could you please let us know:

- if you have moved the $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared  as well or did you leave it in the same place? This is the directory that stores the actual repository data. 

- If you have moved the $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared did you update your new Bitbucket Server version to use the new directory? You need to update your $BITBUCKET_INSTALL/bin/set-bitbucket-home.sh (or set-bitbucket-home.bat)  with the new path if that was the case.

Please also make sure the user running your Bitbucket Server process has the ownership of the whole $BITBUCKET_HOME  directory.

Cheers

Tomek

Atlassian

BeaconEducator September 9, 2020

This issue was the shared folder was not moved and so the repo had nothing to link to causing the 404 error.

We could never find a response on how to get around the 404 pages displaying and removing the old project.

I opened SQL Server Management and removed the old instances of the projects and repos from the database, which in turn removed the projects/repositories from Bitbucket.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events