Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}"

EH BitBucket
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2018

I'm trying to restore Bitbucket Server to use a newly created DB. I'm restoring from Windows to Ubuntu and using the Bitbucket Server Backup Client. I have created new empty home directory and database (MySQL). When I run Restore Client (java -jar /path/bitbucket-restore-client.jar /path/bitbucket-20180719-104303-489.tar) I received an error:

"ERROR The application could not be started. An unexpected error prevented the Spring ApplicationContext from being created. Details of the error follow. org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'appHome' defined in class path resource [META-INF/spring/comm on-spring.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}"; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}"
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:223)
at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:180)
... 9 more frames available in the log file

I have configured parameters on the backup-config.properties file (including bitbucket.home=/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
EH BitBucket
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2018

I had to use the following command:

java  -Dbitbucket.home="/path/to/bitbuckethome" -jar /path/bitbucket-restore-client.jar /path/bitbucket-20180719-104303-489.tar

When I set "bitbucket.home" in"backup-config.properties" file, it doesn't work.

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

Hi

Another option is change directory to bitbucket-restore-client.jar directory and run java -jar bitbucket-restore-client.jar /path/to/backup/file.tar from there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events