It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}" Edited

EH BitBucket Jul 23, 2018

I'm trying to restore Bitbucket Server to use a newly created DB. I'm restoring from Windows to Ubuntu and using the Bitbucket Server Backup Client. I have created new empty home directory and database (MySQL). When I run Restore Client (java -jar /path/bitbucket-restore-client.jar /path/bitbucket-20180719-104303-489.tar) I received an error:

"ERROR The application could not be started. An unexpected error prevented the Spring ApplicationContext from being created. Details of the error follow. org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'appHome' defined in class path resource [META-INF/spring/comm on-spring.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}"; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve placeholder 'bitbucket.home' in value "${bitbucket.home}"
at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:223)
at org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer.java:180)
... 9 more frames available in the log file

I have configured parameters on the backup-config.properties file (including bitbucket.home=/var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EH BitBucket Jul 23, 2018

I had to use the following command:

java  -Dbitbucket.home="/path/to/bitbuckethome" -jar /path/bitbucket-restore-client.jar /path/bitbucket-20180719-104303-489.tar

When I set "bitbucket.home" in"backup-config.properties" file, it doesn't work.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Building a Bitbucket Pipe as a casual coder

...ipe.sh :  #!/bin/bash source "$(dirname "$0")/common.sh" enable_debug extra_args="" if [[ "${DEBUG}" == "true" ]]; then extra_args="--verbose" fi # mandatory variables R...

1,964 views 1 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you