Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring LDAP User Directory in Stash

Merijn de Jonge October 23, 2013

Hi,

I've been using stash for q while and created local user accounts. Now I want to integrate stash with a windows LDAP user directory. I'm able to do so, however the displayed user names are not as I want them.

I was used to use email names for stash user names, e.g., firstname.lastname@mycompany.com

Recently. I installed a windows directory server serving the domain mycompany.com. This allows me to login in windows as firstname.lastname@mycompany.com. Exaclty as I want it. However in stash I now only see firstname.lastname as user name and I cannot use the fully qualified name to log in.

How can I configure stash to use the fully qualified user name firstname.lastname@mycompany.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Merijn

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Merijn de Jonge October 24, 2013

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again.

I had to set User Name Attribute to userPrincipalName and User Display Name Attribute to cn.

Now it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot!

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2013

Glad you got it working!

1 vote
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2013

When you're adding the new LDAP directory, if you look under User Schema Settings you should be able to set the User Name Attribute to the appropriate attribute.

Merijn de Jonge October 23, 2013

Thanks for your quick reply!

IN my case, what would be the appropriate attrbute? I'm by far an ldap expert so it is all pretty new to me.

Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2013

I'm no LDAP expert either, but maybe email? Without knowing how your LDAP is setup, it's hard to say. There are several tools out there for browsing your LDAP directory and finding all attributes available. JXplorer is the first one I found.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events