Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloning a repository across Stash instances

aakashagarwal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 11, 2016

Hi, my organization is using Stash to manage Git repositories. Due to some re-structuring, we need to move one git repository to another Stash instance altogether. Both the instances are up and running, and people in my organization are using them for their day-to-day work.

How should I go ahead with this cloning/migration?

I got to know that Closed pull request history will be lost during such cloning. Is this true? Is there any other data which would be lost during this cloning?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

git cloning will only get all the git repository information and it will not get Stash related features like Pull Requests. 

One of your approach here is to copy the server side stuff (like the Stash Database information) and load it in your new Stash instance. We are doing this approach when we like to copy our Stash prod instance to Stash test instance.

aakashagarwal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 12, 2016

Thank you very much smile

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

Most welcome smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events