Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot commit because repo is too big

lee_runyon March 18, 2024

A Repository that I have has exceeded the 4GB limit (is currently 5.5). Now I cannot do anything with it. 

I have pruned my local repository, but I think I need support to temporarily increase the size of my repository so that I can push the changes to the server. 

What is the correct process to have this rectified?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hi @lee_runyon ,

Thank you for reaching out. I don't see any repository with a size of 5.5 GB associated with your account.

• I can see one repo over the size limit with a size of 4.3 GB, whose name ends in 'sl'. Can you please confirm if that is the repository in question?

• Could you also please let me know what is the output of git count-objects -Hv in your pruned repository? This is to ensure that the pruned repo has a smaller size, before I raise the repo size limit so you can push.

Please let me know and I can then temporarily increase the repo size limit so that you push your changes.

Thank you @Perisic Nikola for bringing this to my attention!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

No problem! Thanks for the assist :)

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Hi @lee_runyon 

I have added the Atlassian tag to this ticket, since they need to clean up and do all of the process of reducing the repo.

Reference: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Large-repo-size/qaq-p/2576825

I can see that Theodora is mostly taking care of these issues. @Theodora Boudale , can you please assist us here? Thank you in advance!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events