Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we display comments in the initial pull request view?

Esther Strom, ACP-JA October 27, 2013

We're using Stash 1.3. Yes, it's old. I know that newer versions have a lot more features, but we're stuck here for now.

Is there any way to display comments (or at least, the first comment) in the default Open Pull Requests view? A lot of times, we may add a comment to a pull request that indicates something like, "please review but do not merge". If that comment isn't visible in the main view, after it's been approved someone may go through and merge it because they assume it's just sitting there. We want to make it very clear that there are comments on a pull request.

The view I'm talking about is this one (sorry, wouldn't let me embed) -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hookedbyesther/10538776104/

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2013

There isn't a way to do this currently in Stash. However the title of the pull request is editable so you can always add '[DONT MERGE]' as a prefix/suffix of the title of the pull request. That way it would be clearly visible in the pull request list

Esther Strom, ACP-JA October 28, 2013

Thanks! That'll do for now.

0 votes
rubydesign February 13, 2014

along similar lines, something that was a very nice feature in fisheye/crucible was the review dashboard.

it allows users to quickly see whether their code reviews have any (unread) comments, without needing to go into each review individually

would be really nice if stash had a similar feature

0 votes
Esther Strom, ACP-JA October 28, 2013

It's just IT stuff. It's not a priority for them right now, and they won't let us do it ourselves.

0 votes
jhinch (Atlassian)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2013

Out of interest why are you stuck on Stash 1.3? Is there some specific reason you can't upgrade or is it just IT change management?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events