Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the pipeline cache databases?

Alexandru Rizea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 23, 2018

I have this cache definition that doesn't cache anything related to mysql

definitions:
services:
mysql:
image: percona:5.7
environment:
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: let_me_in
caches:
mysql: /var/lib/mysql 

The teardown always logs

Cache "mysql": Skipping upload for empty cache

I've looked up in the /etc/mysql/my.cnf and the datadir is exactly the same. Did I do something wrong or the pipeline can't handle that type of caching?

1 answer

0 votes
SebC
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2018

Hey @Alexandru Rizea,

Caching is only available to contents inside the build container clone directory - Service containers are isolated away from the main build container to ensure more reliability build results.

Caching might also not be a great fit here, as a cache is only valid for 7 days, after which the pipeline runs without the cache, in an attempt to repopulate it.

That means your build needs to be able to run without the cache being present.

If you're still keen to using caching let me know and I'll run you through the process.

Cheers,

Seb

Alexandru Rizea
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2018

@SebC the db is generated in the pipeline, but the process takes way too long. And to do it at every single pipeline kinda slows everything.

Either I'll go for cache and the db will be generated once a week and speed up everything in the meantime or...I won't use the mysql service cause everything ( the default pipeline ) gets slowed down by minutes.

I'd appreciate if you could help me tho <3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events