Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can strange account(not atlassian, not workspace user) commit private repository?

지선 이 January 11, 2022

Hi, I'm administrators of my company bitbucket cloud workspace

one of our users used personal account(not atlassian) committed some source to our private repository that workspace use premium plan

화면 캡처 2022-01-12 120121.png

Shouldn't it be possible for anyone other than registered user's account to commit?
Please reply and tell me if there is anything I need to do

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hey @지선 이 

Welcome to Atlassian Community !

Its a private repository. That's correct the users who are added to that particular repository into write access role can only add commit.

There can be another reason also there might be a chance that user might have git config in the local machine set to personal email id so when they do local commit author is taken from there, but when they push to remote they are using official id. hence causing this thing. 

But from bitbucket UI it's not possible for an user who doesn't have write access to commit to a private repo.

Regards,

Vishwas

지선 이 January 13, 2022

hi @Vishwas 

I understood exactly what you said! That was the reason!

thank you for your reply!! :D

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Hey @지선 이 

Welcome 🙂

Please feel to upvote, accept answer if you feel it helped you.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events