Can Stash be configured to access SQL Server using a Domain User Login on Linux?

In our environment for database access we are given AD Logins that we use as service accounts. The SQL Server documentation describes connecting with a database user in Linux but doesn't say if it is possible or not to use an AD Login. Basically I need to be able to specify the domain and username.

I can connect on Linux via odbc/freetds by specifying the username as DOMAIN//USERNAME or DOMAIN/USERNAME. Sometimes you have to escape the slash.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Stephen, in this KB article you have the instructions on how edit the jdbc URL of your database. If you want to authenticate with an user of your domain, you can add the parameter domain=MYCOMPANYDOMAIN to your URL. Example:

jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>;domain=MYCOMPANYDOMAIN

The rest would be the same. I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi Tiago,

Currently I have this

jdbc.driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://&lt;HOSTNAME&gt;:1433;databaseName=Stash;domain=&lt;DOMAIN&gt;;
jdbc.password=&lt;PASSWORD&gt;
jdbc.user=&lt;USERNAME&gt;

But I still get this error:

The following problem occurred which prevents Atlassian Stash from starting correctly:

• The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.

Some additional notes:

• The machine is running RHEL 6.4
  • I installed it initially with the internal database (I can reinstall if that will help as this is our dev machine so no data that has to be saved)

Thanks,

Stephen

This widget could not be displayed.

I ended up switching to a standard sql user.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Bitbucket

What is your #1 piece of advice to new users getting started using Bitbucket?

Hello Community! My name is Claire Maynard, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager on the Bitbucket team. I’m interested in hearing what advice or tips you have for new users getting started on ...

232 views 14 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you