Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Atlassian improve error messages when approving merged pull requests in bitbucket server?

Ryan Brewer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2017

My company uses BitBucket Server for our git repositories. In the UI, if you click the "approve" button on a PR that's already been merged, the message you get is "Participants may not update their status on merged pull requests."

The fact that it's already merged is not the first thing the user sees, and is not highlighted, and therefore easy to miss because the verbiage used is passive. It would be much clearer if it used more active and clear language directed at the user, such as "You cannot approve this pull request because it has already been merged."

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

Hi Ryan, for suggestions like this one it will be better if you submit a Feature request at jira.atlassian.com. This will be available publicly so other users can vote for it and add their comments.

Regards!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events