Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket upgrade from 4.8.5 to 6.1.3

Johannes Hansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2019

Hi,

I get en error from liquibase stating an incorrect sql when I start my new version. I made a fresh install with 6.1.3 and have my data and database from my old version of 4.8.5. The database server is a mysql 5.7.26 installed on localhost.

Do I need to update in several steps due to database-changes?

The error:

ERROR [spring-startup] liquibase.changelog.ChangeSet Change Set liquibase/r5_0/upgrade.xml::BSERVDEV-8489-12::jpalacios failed. Error: Incorrect string value: '\xD0\x9D\xD0\xB5\xD1\x82...' for column 'comment_tex
t' at row 3578 [Failed SQL: insert into bb_comment (
id,
author_id,
comment_text,
created_timestamp,
entity_version,
thread_id,
updated_timestamp
)
select
id,
author_id,
comment_text,
created_timestamp,
entity_version,
id,
updated_timestamp
from sta_comment
where root_id is null]

And the browser is redirected to this:

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

• The database schema could not be updated. Details about the change that failed can be found in the logs.

It may be necessary to create a ticket to resolve the error. When creating a ticket, please include the exception details from the logs, as well as the database type.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johannes Hansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2019

Resolved by converting all tables to collation utf8_bin and character set utf8

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events