cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket threatening to delete my not-empty workspace

Carlos Williams-Moreiras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 1, 2024

I received an email saying that my workspace would be deleted on July 31st if it was still empty. The only problem is, it isn't empty. Is my workspace going to get deleted?

3 answers

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Carlos Williams-Moreiras

I went ahead and created a support request on your behalf.
You should be able to receive an email notification regarding that.

Regards,
Mark C

elliotthill
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

Hi Mark,

We have the same issue, we received an email saying our "empty" workspace will be deleted, it contains all our repositories. Please advise.

Thanks!
Elliott

EDIT: It does seem that its my user workspace that is indeed empty. Could someone from Bitbucket clarify that no non empty workspaces will be deleted?

mkheinrich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

Hi Mark,
I have the same issue, received an email saying that my workspace would be deleted on July 31st if it was still empty. My workspace has my repositories in it - why would I be told it's being deleted?

0 votes
shoefather
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 1, 2024

I have exactly the same issue, I off course don't want my workspace to be deleted!

shoefather
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 2, 2024

I might have reacted too soon: I thought I only had 1 workspace, but then I noticed that I could navigate to all my workspaces via my profile. Apparently I had an extra workspace equal to my name, and that workspace was empty. So my guess is that the email was send because of that one.

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

Hi @Carlos Williams-Moreiras ~ you might want to reach out to Atlassian Support for this one...

Carlos Williams-Moreiras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 1, 2024

Will do. Thank you!

Edit: Actually the support link just sends me here to the community. Hopefully someone from Atlassian reads this..

Like UTKARSH likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2024

@Theodora Boudale ~ would you be able to assist @Carlos Williams-Moreiras ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events