Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket locks out users account when attempting to do a pull/push code from Visual studio

Donnie Shannon February 20, 2018

I have a user that is having weird issues when using visual studio to pull/push code from our bitbucket repo.  It doesn't seem to happen to our other users, and sometimes it doesn't happen to this one, but it happens frequently enough to be a major headache.

When he attempts to push or pull he will get a message telling him to log out of bitbucket on the browser, login again, and resolve a captcha. This captcha doesn't appear until he is trying to do this. I will occasionally have toclear the captcha from his accounts multiple times in a row before it works. I will also lock his windows AD account sometimes. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to resolve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2018

Hi Donnie,

Is this about Bitbucket Server (self-hosted) or bitbucket.org?  If that's the case, have you checked the CAPTCHA in Bitbucket Server page?

The page lists possible causes for the CAPTCHA being displayed as well as tips on how to understand what is increasing the count for a specific user (see the "How can you identify which user is being blocked?" paragraph) from the audit log or from a query.

Thanks, Caterina - Atlassian 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events