Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket - connecting to a cloned version of our database?

Ajay Madar May 25, 2018

Hello, I am trying to create a test instance of bitbucket in a non-production environment.

I have asked our DBAs to clone the production database onto a test server (SQL 2012).

My question is how can I connect our Bitbucket test application to the test database?

Regards,

Ajay

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2018

Hi @Ajay Madar,

The connection details to the database are stored in the $BITBUCKET_HOME/shared/bitbucket.properties file.

To updated them, you can edit the file directly while Bitbucket Server is be running.

Bitbucket Server will then be reading these connection details at the next startup.

You also need to make sure that the content of the $BITBUCKET_HOME has been backed (at the same time of the database) and that it has been restored on the target server.

More details on the backup and restore process can be found on the Data recovery and backups guide.

Cheers,

Caterina - Atlassian

Ajay Madar May 30, 2018

Thanks for the information. I have tried those steps and the bitbucket test instance is now up and running successfully.

Ajay

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Thanks @Ajay Madar for confirming this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events