Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket: Migrating from Bitbucket Server to Cloud?

Ville “Racle” Viitaharju March 15, 2018

Is there tool to migrate from Bitbucket Server to Cloud?

We are thinking to moving from local hosted server to cloud, and would like to do that as seamlessly as possible.

Ex. for Jira there is documentation and way to do that, but I cannot find same for Bitbucket.

3 answers

1 vote
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 15, 2018

Hi Ville,

We've got documentation on that here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/other-atlassian-evaluator-resources/migrating-from-server-to-cloud

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

Ville “Racle” Viitaharju March 15, 2018

Thanks, seems that I missed that one.. So not so super easy/automated way to convert, but still doable. 

Also, I would like to point out dead link on that page.

there is part where it says "It is easy to import code", but "import code" -link is dead

Steph
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2018
Ville “Racle” Viitaharju June 29, 2018

That is from cloud to server. I'm looking to import from server to cloud.

As we are thinking of getting rid of our personal bitbucket server.

EDIT: Err.. Didn't remember my missing link comment earlier :) nvm

0 votes
Maren
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2019

Hi there,

As you've found, we currently only support migrating repository data (your source code) from Bitbucket Server to Bitbucket Cloud. There's no supported method for migrating user accounts, permission structures, or repository metadata like pull request history and comments. We're currently gathering interesting in this feature, so if this is something you need we recommend watching or voting for this issue.

For more information about migrating from Bitbucket Server to cloud, I recommend reviewing Plan your Bitbucket Server to cloud migration.

For more info to help you decide if moving from server to cloud is a good option for you, check out our Atlassian Cloud Migration Center

I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to reach out with questions. 

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
March 15, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events