cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Integration with Jira

faizananwar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2019

Hi,

We were already using bitbucket for our code repositories. Now we also bought Jira too. 

I have a few questions.

Can we sync the same projects list in our Jira?

Do I have to create Project on bitbucket and on Jira separately?

Is there a way that I can create project either on Jira or on Bitbucket and it starts appearing on both dashboard of both platforms. Creating a Project on both and doing settings is a duplicate work. How can I come out of this issue? 

How we can integrate that we can achive the mentioned above?

Looking Forward,

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2019

Hi there, welcome to the Community!

The projects in Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud can not be synced, as that is not how the integration works. This is what the integration can do Connect Bitbucket and Jira.

In a nutshell, it will allow you to see linked repositories, use smart commits and see information from certain Jira issues within Bitbucket. To learn more about the integration you can read Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Cloud.

If you want to replicate the same project structure in both products, then you'll need to create the projects separately in each product. 

If you'd like this to be a feature, you can submit it through our Portal. Make sure to add a good explanation of why you'd like this feature and how this could be beneficial for you. 

Hope that helps,

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events