Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket External SQL database connect issue

Roberto.Nunez@Flex.com January 30, 2019

Hi All,

I'm following this instructions to connect to an external SQL server: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-sql-server-776640385.html

One of the recommendation here state the following:

• when you run the Setup Wizard, at install time,

However, the BitBucket DC setup wizard never ask for a local nor remote DB connection values.

I've tried with the bitbucket.properties configuration as it is recommended here and it doesn't work either.

Do you have any advise to help me with this installation?

Thank you,

Roberto

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Hello Roberto and welcome to the Community!

Congratulations on starting your journey with Bitbucket Datacenter. When you mention the setup wizard, are you meaning the Install Wizard or the Web interface Setup? (The install wizard will be the .bin or .exe installer, the web interface will be localhost:7990).

Once you have the application installed, you should start the Bitbucket service then navigate to the web interface to start the configuration of the application, which includes the database.

For Bitbucket datacenter, there is a documented procedure to walk through when setting up datacenter for the first time. You may find that document at Install Bitbucket Data Center.

If your Bitbucket application installed itself with an embedded database, then you will need to migrate to an external database. You may find instructions on how to migrate at Connecting Bitbucket Server to an external database.

Also, since you're installing for the first time, you should be aware of the supported platforms for Bitbucket. You may find these at Supported platforms.

If you’re still unable to connect Bitbucket to an external database, please let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events