Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian upm page-objects library: error while binding PluginManager page to class

dmitrypavlenko May 15, 2017

I'm trying to test an add-on I develop using atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects  library ( https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.atlassian.upm/atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects ) from Maven central. I'm using the latest version of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects (tried 2.19-mapps-m5 and 2.18.4) and Atlassian Bitbucket v5.0.0.

I'm running just

bitbucket.visit(PluginManager.class);

function, but it fails due to timeout:

com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.PageBindingWaitException: [PageObject:com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager@62417a16]
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$WaitUntilPhase.execute(InjectPageBinder.java:519)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$InjectableDelayedBind.advanceTo(InjectPageBinder.java:647)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$InjectableDelayedBind.bind(InjectPageBinder.java:628)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.navigateToAndBind(InjectPageBinder.java:124)
        at com.atlassian.webdriver.bitbucket.AbstractBitbucketTestedProduct.visit(AbstractBitbucketTestedProduct.java:63)

Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: Query <com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Conditions$And:
 -com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.webdriver.WebDriverLocatableBasedTimedCondition[interval=100,defaultTimeout=20000][locatable=WebDriverSingleLocator[locator=By.id: upm-panel-manage],valueProvider=hasClass]
 -com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.webdriver.WebDriverLocatableBasedTimedCondition[interval=100,defaultTimeout=20000][locatable=WebDriverSingleLocator[locator=By.id: upm-panel-manage],valueProvider=hasClass]>
Expected: is <true> by 20000ms (default timeout)
Got (last value): <false>
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntil(Poller.java:196)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntil(Poller.java:114)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.elements.query.Poller.waitUntilTrue(Poller.java:36)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager.waitUntilTabIsLoaded(PluginManager.java:105)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.callLifecycleMethod(InjectPageBinder.java:260)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder.access$900(InjectPageBinder.java:79)
        at com.atlassian.pageobjects.binder.InjectPageBinder$WaitUntilPhase.execute(InjectPageBinder.java:508)
        ... 33 more

The reason why this happens is in

at com.atlassian.upm.pageobjects.PluginManager.waitUntilTabIsLoaded(PluginManager.java:105)

It waits until an element with id="upm-panel-manage" has 2 CSS classes: "upm-selected" and "loaded" while in 2 my browsers (Firefox and Chrome) the fully loaded "upm-panel-manage" element effective contains only "upm-selected" (and "upm-panel" but this doesn't matter):

<div id="upm-panel-manage" class="upm-panel upm-selected">
</div>

So I wonder how that could happen at all if UPM plugin has so many tests? And how would I overcome the problem? Should I wait for the next release of atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-pageobjects library?

I tried to instantiate a class from PluginManager as a work-around to redefine waitUntilTabIsLoaded() call, this allowed to overcome this error at this very steps, but other methods bind PluginManager class explicitly, so it didn't help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events