Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Stash v3.7.4. Is there a way to prevent delete branch from Web UI?

James Ding April 18, 2016

Hi my team uses Atlassian Stash v3.7.4. Is there a way to prevent delete branch from Web UI?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

I'm on Stash 3.10.2 and the option is there...

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 12.41.04 PM.png

Tim,

I copied from web ui Atlassian Stash v3.7.4 yours 3.10.2 so I guess your is older?

please confirm your version so I am not getting confused.

Or could be a proof that 3.10 has this feature  James

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

oops I think I misread your version number somehow.  Yeah, mine is on 3.10 and it has the feature.

Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

Thanks Tim for digging it out — I then have to ask dev careful not accidental delete and ask bosses to spend $ on upgrade. 

James

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

You can use branch permissions to do that. Add branch permissions for the branch and select "Prevent Delete" on that branch.

Do you think v3.7.4 have this UI?  from Setting->Branch Permission->  Add Permission I do not see any list options, much less "Prevent Delete".

Could it be Atlassian miss configured? Thanks for you quick reply James

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2016

I am not sure of the exact version but Atlassian cannot mis-configure it, if it is there.

Just to make sure, you are admin on the repository, right?

Yes I am the admin on one repo (belong to my team). I am enable hooks, require Pull Request.

I think our version is too old. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events