cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add comment to commit from message?

Wayne Bradbury
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2019

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to add a comment to a commit in Bitbucket directly from the commit message. Or some other way to add comments to a Bitbucket commit without having to go and do it manually from on the actual commit page.

I know about Smart Commits, but that only seems to allow me to add comments to JIRA issues, not to Bitbucket commits.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Hello @Wayne Bradbury,

Regarding creating a comment with the commit message, I don't think anything like you described is available.

Does REST API endpoint count as a way to create a comment without having to go and do it manually from on the actual commit page?

Cheers,
Daniil

Wayne Bradbury
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 3, 2019

I guess that does technically satisfy my ask.

Is there a way I can trigger a script on a commit or something?

Daniil Penkin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2019

Well, you need something to trigger it when a commit is pushed, otherwise Bitbucket won't know about its existence and REST API call would fail.

Unfortunately, there's nothing like git post-push hook on the client side, so there're two options I can think of:

• set up something on the client side that would make a push and then a REST call – essentially something like a hypothetical post-push hook would do
  • set up a webhook in Bitbucket and something that would listen to it and make required REST call (this can be a Connect App)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Daniil

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events