Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account for automation with distribution list

Edouard Pagnier January 13, 2023

Hi,

Until now, I'm using my Bitbucket personal account (with an App Password) to setup my company CICD (Jenkins). I didn't find how to create a service account in Bitbucket Cloud (I guess I'm missing something as service account is quite basic).

Today I wanted to remove my personal account from our CICD setup, so I ended creating a specific Altassian / Bitbucket for this use case using a distribution list as account email.

But I never got the initial email from Atlassian to setup the account (try to make it resent a few time) and I confirm that the distribution list email works (even from outside my company).

So I start to wonder if there is a limitation with distribution list, can I use one to create a Atlassian / Bitbucket account ? if no how can I get a working account for my CICD setup ?

Thanks !
Edouard

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2023

Hi @Edouard Pagnier,

Welcome to the community.

To create a Bitbucket Cloud account, you will need to use an active email address with an email inbox so that you can receive the verification email.
For that, you can either reach out to your email administrators to set up an email forwarding to forward emails to your preferred email address or you can use a different email address with an active email inbox.

Do let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,
Mark C

Edouard Pagnier January 16, 2023

Hi @Mark C

Actually I am the administrator, and I've setup a distribution list automation@mycompany.com that redirect to my personal email (and the rest of my team).
But when I'm using this email address to create a Bitbucket account, I don't receive the validation email.

I've tested the distribution list from outside my company and it's works well.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Edouard Pagnier,

Thanks for that information.

I did check the distribution email from our internal logs and I can see that the email we're sending you is bouncing with the below message:

bounce 554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

However, I believe it has been cleared now.
I can also see that you've successfully created a new Bitbucket Cloud account using the distribution email.

Would you be able to confirm that?

Regards,
Mark C

Edouard Pagnier January 16, 2023

Hi @Mark C

Yes you're right, I actually write to the support team and they cleared it, so I was finally able to create the account.

Thanks,
Edouard

Mark C
Atlassian Team
January 17, 2023

Hi @Edouard Pagnier,

Great. Glad to know you're now finally able to create the account.

Do let me know if you have further questions that I can help with and feel free to mark this question as answered as well.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events