Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API endpoint for rerun stopped steps

Akshay Shrivastava April 20, 2023

Hello,

To stop a pipeline bitbucket REST API provides an endpoint repositories/{workspace}/{repo_slug}/pipelines/{pipeline_uuid}/stopPipeline/, but there is no endpoint to rerun the pipeline from where the pipeline has stopped. So, is there any other way to rerun the stopped steps using another approach?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Akshay Shrivastava and welcome to the community!

I'm afraid that we don't have an API endpoint for rerunning a stopped step in a Pipelines build.

It is possible though to rerun it from the Pipelines build log on our website. If the pipelines build consists of multiple steps and it is stopped, you can open the build from our website, select the Rerun option, and then Rerun stopped steps:

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 16.23.34.png

With the API, it is only possible to trigger a new Pipelines build using this endpoint:

We have a feature request for providing an API endpoint to start a step:

I would suggest adding your vote there (by selecting the Vote for this issue link) as the number of votes helps the development team and product managers better understand the demand for new features. You are more than welcome to leave any feedback, and you can also add yourself as a watcher (by selecting the Start watching this issue link) if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Implementation of new features is done as per our policy here and any updates will be posted in the feature request.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Akshay Shrivastava April 22, 2023

Thank you for providing me with that information, @Theodora Boudale 

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2023

You are very welcome @Akshay Shrivastava, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events