Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 error on project page

Steven Slutzky July 5, 2019

I have an new installation of Bitbucket, I was able to create a project, but right after the project was created, I could no longer open the project page.    I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the issue, I did see some errors in the log files.   Additionally I noticed that the ElasticSearch service will not start.ProjectPageError.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello Steven,

We’ve seen similar issues prior when a project is created but the path used is a temp path or a path with insufficient permissions for the service to access. The screenshot you included is a good example of the inability to access the directory.

With this said, could you please check the path you’re using for the repo and ensure the Bitbucket service account has the proper level of permissions. Additionally, ensure you’re not using a temp path and you’ve assigned a proper and accessible path for the project. Further information on this may be found at Running Bitbucket Server as a Windows service.

If you’re still having issues please reach out and let us know.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Steven Slutzky July 8, 2019

Thanks Stephen, I was able to successfully fix this by making the user running Bitbucket the owner of the home directory.    Thanks for your quick response!

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hello Steven,

Very happy to hear you're able to adjust the permissions for the directory and resolve your issue!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events