Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of Forum Spam Containing Phishing Links

Victoria Marz March 6, 2023

I am writing this post to report forum spam that I have come across on the site. In particular, there have been numerous posts that contain links to phishing sites, which are designed to steal users' personal information.

Link to posts:  https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/node-jira/issues?status=new&status=open

As a responsible member of this community, I find it extremely concerning that such spam is being allowed to proliferate on the site. Not only does it undermine the trust and integrity of the forum, but it also puts our fellow members at risk of identity theft and financial fraud.

I would like to request that immediate action be taken to remove these spam posts and prevent them from being posted in the future. It is important that we maintain a safe and secure environment for all members, and that we take a zero-tolerance approach towards any attempts to compromise the security and privacy of our users.

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to assist with the resolution of this issue. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

2 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There's no way to stop all the spam (which includes phishing attempts) that happens in open forums like the Community.  All we can do is detect the more obvious attempts at post spam, and I know that the filters we use are blocking hundreds per day.

If you suspect malicious postings, click "report abuse" in the options menu (the ... to the right of the post's title)

bmorel March 19, 2023

I'm sorry to hijack this issue, but I see no other choice... plus, it's related.

I just opened my mails, and noticed a shitload of spam issue being posted on https://bitbucket.org/bmorel/autorealm/issues/ so I logged in. And I'm very surprised to see I can't close the issue, or report it as spam or anything. Even finding out how to write a message here was challenging (and I'm still hijacking a discussion, because could not find how to create one).

I would rather avoid to delete the project even if untouched since years, or to make issues read-only (I could give a hand to few persons with it already, and explain it's status (dead), so I would rather avoid doing that, but better than helping spammers)... but I don't see any other way right now.

PS: are devs trying to make bitbucket as little attracting as possible? What is it with all those popups... as if it was not slow enough to load?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events