Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code block input is broken in bitbucket web UI

Martin Häusler April 8, 2024

Previously, it was possible to insert a code block in bitbucket web UI by pressing triple backticks (```). This was very useful, however, this feature seems to be currently broken. I can insert as many backticks as I want, I won't get a code block. Suffice to say, in code reviews this is enormously annoying when I want to provide an example.

My current workaround is to type triple backticks, followed by a character, followed by another triple backtick, like so:

```d```

This actually inserts a code block, but I have to delete the stuff before afterwards again.

Please fix this.

EDIT: It seems to be broken only for in-line comments. For comments on the PR itself, the triple backtick does open a code block.

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2024

Hi Martin,

Are you still experiencing issues with this? I tried to reproduce the issue just now and the triple backticks insert a code block both in PR comments and also in comments created on PR files.

If you're still experiencing issues, can you please clarify where exactly you are adding the comment and also what browser you are using?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events