It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can't report Bitbucket bugs: "User XYZ doesn't have the 'Assign Issues' permission"

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket/

2. Click "Suggestions and bug reports"

3. Click "Create"

4. Enter bug description

5. Press the "Create" button of the popup form

6. Get the error below:

Screenshot from 2017-08-15 16-27-36.png

1 comment

I have seen this too, and queried it through support for the AMKT project.

The reason is simple enough (lack of permission), but the rationale behind it is not so evident.  It's simply that Atlassian do not permit you (or I) to create issues in those projects.  Sure, it might have made more sense to restrict the CREATE_ISSUE feature to remove the tempting 'create' button, saving you a ton of time entering the issue in the first place, but I'm sure there are reasons!

The path you should take involves logging a support ticket, rather than create an issue.  If valid, you may be rewarded with a public bug ticket.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Atlassian supported Jenkins integration for Bitbucket Server

We’ve been building a plugin to integrate Bitbucket Server and Jenkins CI, and I’m excited to announce that our alpha is ready to download and install. It lets you seamlessly configure a Jenkins job ...

983 views 1 17
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you