cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<Closed>Bitbucket Pipelines: Runners - Early Access

45 comments

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

@Martin Rakovec We do plan to build a runner which would give you direct access to the shell on the host machine. Hope that would enable you to perform tests against real hardware. Thanks for your feedback.

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

@drlundgren We will need to test it, but we hope the non-container version of runner would run on FreeBSD. Thanks for your feedback.

Like drlundgren likes this
Fayas Mansoor March 29, 2021

Patiently waiting for my early access, hope more and more are being included in the early phase. 

@Justin Thomas Could you please shed light on when this would be on open BETA? 

Thank you! 

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2021

@Fayas Mansoor Thanks for the interest, we will be expanding the cohort as we add more features to the runners and bring it to feature parity with the cloud runners. We hope to allow everyone to try the runner by the end of April.

Like Fayas Mansoor likes this
John Norman April 1, 2021

Will runners still be running inside of a Docker Container?  We have .net framework (not .net core) applications and would like to be able to run those. 

Andy Gikling April 4, 2021

Bump

@Sander Mol I got into the early access program.  I started the runner container on my cloud VM and of course... it just doesn't work.  Classic. 

The build in the pipelines view on Bitbucket is stuck on "Build Setup" and does nothing.  It times out in two hours.

My VM runner is shown to be "Online" in the repo Settings -> Pipelines -> Runner section.

The container on the runner VM shows no output on the terminal I started it from.

Can someone link the bug tracker please?

Like Sander Mol likes this
Azamat Kalmurzayev April 5, 2021

Hi, @Justin Thomas!
Great feature! I have a question similar to @Martin Rakovec : are you planning to implement non-containerized version, so that we can setup our iOS app CI/CD pipeline?

Currently we are on Bitrise.io, great product and ecosystem, but as fast machines. 

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

@Andy Gikling Can you please create a question in the EAP community group with the logs, so that we can debug the issue and fix it? The runner should have worked or at least logged the error. Thanks for trying out the runner and reporting the issue.

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

@Azamat Kalmurzayev Yes, we are planning to have a non-container version of the docker which would allow you to execute commands on the host machine. Unfortunately, I cannot give you a timeframe of when it would be available because we are still in the feedback gathering phase. We will be prioritizing the feedback soon after the EAP and then share the roadmap for runners with you all.

Thanks for your feedback, this helps us understand the problem and prioritize the capabilities.

Edgar Vonk April 7, 2021

Looks good. I really hope this will solve https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-15850 as that is really a showstopper for us in using Bitbucket Cloud for new projects. We are now moving to Azure DevOps etc because of this issue.

Daniel Mackay May 3, 2021

Are these runners able to build software that doesn't run on linux?  e.g. .NET Framework 4.8?

Colin Panisset (Cevo) May 5, 2021

Hey @Justin Thomas any updates on progress here? I signed up for EAP but got no response. The org I'm working with now is considering alternatives to Bitbucket since there's been radio silence here. Even an open beta would help.

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2021

@Colin Panisset (Cevo) Runners is now available to everyone, the announcement has been delayed because there are a couple of bugs that we like to fix before it's broadly used. Please try the runner and let us know the feedback.

Like Jon Warden likes this
Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2021

@Daniel Mackay The current runners doesn't support windows. We will soon be working on windows runners and as per the current plan, it will be available in Q3 CY21.

Manuel Serret May 6, 2021

@Justin Thomas Is there any place where we should report the errors too?

I will post them here in the meantime:

1. The minutes my self-hosted runner runs are counted against my pipeline limit.

2. The ssh keys definded in the pipelines section are not transfered to my runner, so i cannot clone other repos i would want to.

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
May 6, 2021

@Manuel Serret Thanks for trying the runner. The issue with minutes being consumed with self-hosted runners has been fixed, please raise a support ticket so the minutes can be added back to your account. We are still working on adding the SSH Keys feature to runners, it should be available in a couple of weeks.

Bharadwaj Sattaru July 9, 2021

We created a self hosted runner to run the pipelines. But we are not able to access the internal links (resources) from docker containers created by runner. We are able to access it, If we add host entry inside the container. But here the containers are creating on demand based on pipeline trigger. Can someone please help me to resolve this issue?

Mohammadreza Koohkan September 15, 2021

Has EAP any requirements for new commers?

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2021

@Bharadwaj Sattaru Can you please get in touch with Atlassian Support, they will be able to help you.

Justin Thomas
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2021

@Mohammadreza Koohkan Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is in GA, you can start using it today.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events