Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.net core test fails but works on PC

stephen_b
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2018

Using .net Core 2.0

I have a project that has some tests. When the tests run on the pipeline I am getting a runtime error.

When I run the same command on my PC against the working copy the test run without error.

How can I troubleshoot this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Ryall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

To reproduce a problem with Pipelines locally, you need to debug it inside the Docker container. You need to start the relevant Docker container on your machine, mount your source code in there, then run the commands from your build script. Our documentation has some example Docker commands on Linux that should pretty easy to adapt for Windows.

The most common issue is that Docker containers typically have a limited set of build tools installed, so that they are small to download and fast to start up. Your build may be using something commonly available on a regular desktop but not provided in the container.

If you can provide the actual error message here, we might be able to help a bit more.

stephen_b
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2018

Thanks for the response Matt.

The error I was getting was related to resource files. I suspect that for some reason, the file was not being embedded into the assembly when it was building. 

I refactored the code to remove the resource file alltogether.

Now I an getting another problem related to file IO testing.

That's another problem I need to debug .

I will look into running a Docker container locally to troubleshoot first. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events