It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pipelines & non-headless Puppeteer

Hey Guys,

Im trying to run non-headless puppeteer for testing a chrome extension in pipelines.

When I google the topic I find quite a few people who are able to get headless puppeteer to work on pipelines but for some reason I am unable to get it to work with non-headless.

The Puppeteer troubleshooting docs say it is possible for TravisCI so it should be possible for pipelines too no?

I have tried lots of different docker images but none of them seem to work. This is my current setup:

image: node:9

pipelines:
branches:
staging:
- step:
script:
- node -v
- yarn -v
- yarn install
- apt update && apt install -yq gconf-service libasound2 libatk1.0-0 libc6 libcairo2 libcups2 libdbus-1-3 libexpat1 libfontconfig1 libgcc1 libgconf-2-4 libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 libglib2.0-0 libgtk-3-0 libnspr4 libpango-1.0-0 libpangocairo-1.0-0 libstdc++6 libx11-6 libx11-xcb1 libxcb1 libxcomposite1 libxcursor1 libxdamage1 libxext6 libxfixes3 libxi6 libxrandr2 libxrender1 libxss1 libxtst6 ca-certificates fonts-liberation libappindicator1 libnss3 lsb-release xdg-utils wget
- apt-get install -y xvfb
- export DISPLAY=:99.0
- Xvfb :99 -ac &
- yarn start build.staging
- yarn start test.unit
- yarn start test.e2e.staging

When I attempt this:

export const loadBrowser = async () => {
browser = await puppeteer.launch({
headless: false,
args: [
`--disable-extensions-except=${absDistPath}`,
`--load-extension=${absDistPath}`,
"--user-agent=PuppeteerAgent",
"--no-sandbox",
"--disable-setuid-sandbox"
]
});

return browser;
};

The error I get is:

TimeoutError: Timed out after 30000 ms while trying to connect to Chrome! The only Chrome revision guaranteed to work is r594312

Any ideas anyone?

2 answers

I guess no one has a suggestion tho this.. Ill try taking it to stack overflow too

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,032 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you