Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone created a successful pipeline for a Trellis/Bedrock/Sage site?

Patrick McEldowney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 31, 2020

I have a new Wordpress build on Kinsta using Trellis/Bedrock/Sage by the Roots team. Trellis comes with a command to deploy directly from your local version but I'd like to automate this. Where i'm getting stuck is with the build-before.yml file that is ran with deployment. Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 5.26.33 PM.png

As you can see these commands require installs such as Node, PHP, and rsync. But the main Trellis command that will be ran to deploy my code in the pipeline requires the python image. So the issue started just by running this pipeline and Bitbucket wasn't able to go through the commands in the build-before.yml file because it only had the python image defined. Here's a look at what my current bitbucket-pipelines.yml looks like and then I'll get into what I think I need to do from here and what I've tried so far

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 5.28.41 PM.png

So I think what I need to do is get rid of the scripts in build-before.yml and split them up into separate steps in my pipeline config. In the image above you can see that I already added in the Build Assets step that will get rid of the Install NPM dependencies Compile Assets for production steps in the build-before.yml file.

I ran the pipeline after deleting those steps from the build-before file and my assets were built successfully. But now I'm getting stuck on the Install Composer Dependencies Copy Production assets steps. 

So I guess my question really is if anyone has done this before with Trellis and can you let me know if I'm headed in the right direction. I feel like I'm very close but also so far.

There are very few examples I've found of other developers creating pipelines for Trellis using bitbucket and those examples are quite outdated.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events