Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Runner - concurrency

Mach Dinh-Vu September 13, 2021

I got bitbucket runner working, but it is a queue, that is only one pipeline can execute, the other has to wait until the first completes.

How do I configure one runner to execute concurrently by as many pipeline as it is possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2021

Hi, @Mach Dinh-Vu! Welcome to the community! 

A runner is a resource you provided to run your pipeline build and each runner is used for a step, hence when you have multiple steps or parallel steps it queues up because the resources are currently used by one of the steps.

However, if you wish to run all the parallel steps together you can create a runner for every single step and make use of the label to label the runner according to your steps. It’s possible to host multiple runners on a single host as long as the host has the necessary resources to run all the builds or otherwise the build will fail.

In your case, you need to create other runners to run all parallel steps of your pipeline build. You can make use of the label for each parallel step, for example:

runs-on: 
          - 'self.hosted'
          - 'check.files'
          runs-on: 
          - 'self.hosted'
          - 'static.code'

I hope this helps, but do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Mach Dinh-Vu September 15, 2021

Thanks, works well.

Like Caroline R likes this
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2021

Hi, @Mach Dinh-Vu

Thanks for your confirmation, I'm glad to know it worked! 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events