Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Resources request/limits per group for pipelines runners

Aaron.Luo May 15, 2022

Hi team,

I'd like to setup multiple groups for different teams and different purposes. Some builds are heavy loaded. Currently all groups share the same job configuration (including resources request/limits). I wonder if we could support resources requests/limits per group? 

It would be great if we could define a default resources requests/limits and resources requests/limits upon a group. When the resources requests/limits is not defined in a group, the default resources requests/limits applies.

Thanks and regards,

Aaron

3 comments

Comment

Deleted user November 10, 2022

It would be great to have such an option. I have some heavy tasks for which I do need 10+Gb of memory, at the same time for simple deployment I need default size runner.

Ideally there is should be an option to configure resources for them separately. 

Like Oleksandr Kyrdan likes this
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2022

Hi @Aaron.Luo 

Thank you for the feature request!

It's a good case for the future improvements for Runner Autoscaler.

We'll investigate this feature and notify you.

Best regards,
Oleksandr Kyrdan

Igor Stoyanov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2023

@Aaron.Luo ,  @[deleted]  hi. We released a new version of the autoscaler tool 3.2.1, that allows you to provide custom resources setup for different groups. 

To make this work: check this config template of how to configure resources, and provide updates according to job template for details:
configMap:

groups:
- name: "Runner group 1"
# Set up the resources for kubernetes job template.
# This section is optional. If not provided the default values for memory "4Gi" and cpu "1000m" in requests and limits will be used
resources: # Autoscaler kubernetes job template resources available for tuning.
requests:
memory: "2Gi"
cpu: "1000m"
limits:
memory: "2Gi"
cpu: "1000m"
parameters:
- name: "Runner group 2"
# Here we will not setup resources so default values will be used: memory: "4Gi", cpu: "1000m" for requests and limits.
parameters:

job:

containers:
- name: runner
image: docker-public.packages.atlassian.com/sox/atlassian/bitbucket-pipelines-runner:1
resources: # This is memory and cpu resources section that you can configure via config map settings file.
requests:
memory: "<%requests_memory%>" # mandatory, don't modify
cpu: "<%requests_cpu%>" # mandatory, don't modify
limits:
memory: "<%limits_memory%>" # mandatory, don't modify
cpu: "<%limits_cpu%>" # mandatory, don't modify

Regards, Igor

vitalii.kostenko December 8, 2023

hello @Igor Stoyanov 
is there any chance we may have few runner specs? - for example - one runner with ARM one with AMD and one with GPU ? or something similar ?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events