Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace level runner does not start

Bob Swift _Appfire_ December 4, 2021

[2021-12-04 17:55:56,060] Runner version: 1.252
[2021-12-04 17:55:56,088] Runner runtime: windows-powershell
[2021-12-04 17:55:58,063] Exception encountered during context initialization
java.lang.IllegalStateException: System property: 'bitbucket.pipelines.runner.repository.uuid' is not configured correctly.

The startup command provided contains: -repositoryUuid 'undefined'

A repository defined runner started fine.

1 comment

Comment

lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2021

Hey @Bob Swift _Appfire_ ,

Thanks for reporting, there is a bug in the command we provided in workspace runner as you mentioned. It should work if you remove `-repositoryUuid 'undefined'` from the runner command.

And we will apply the fix asap.

Cheers

Leo Liang

Bob Swift _Appfire_ December 6, 2021

Yes, removing that worked around the problem. Thanks! It is good both repository specific and workspace are working as we anticipate using both.

Windows runner (tested both repo and workspace) is working well for my particular need and it will enable me to replace my azure pipeline.

Can I assume the 1 runner limit will be lifted after the EAP? 
I was a bit surprised that Docker was not used for Windows, but, that isn't any different for azure. I expected the non-Docker approach would only be needed for Mac.

lliang2
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2021

We are definitely have window container runner in our roadmap, but that would be after MacOS runner, so would be sometime next year.

For 1 runner limit, I don't think we will lifted after EAP unfortunately, as we are going to support cache and ssh after EAP, and they are relying on the assumption for 1 runner limit.

lliang2
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2021

btw, we push a new release for the frontend so that it show correct command for workspace runner, if you still see the old command with repositoryUuid, try to do a hard refresh so that it load the latest js assets

Bob Swift _Appfire_ December 6, 2021

Thanks for the update. MacOS runner is more important for us right now and a single runner on Windows will suffice for a while.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events