Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to pass Bamboo project or plan variable to ephemeral agent template YAML file?

박정현
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2024

is it possible to pass Bamboo project or plan variable to ephemeral agent template YAML file?

how to handle bamboo variable when using ephemeral agent

1 answer

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2024

Hello 박정현,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Bamboo project and plan variables are independent of any agents, can you try to explain me your scenario properly, what exactly you are trying to achieve ?

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

박정현
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 17, 2024

thanks to your reply, @Shashank Kumar 

as you know, when using remote agent, bamboo variables can be handled in script.

but, in ephemeral agent, I can handle any information about bamboo like plan trigger, commit hash or user input varibles.

usually how can ephemeral agent read bamboo information?  

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2024

Hello 박정현,,

There is no change in the way ephemeral agent read bamboo information, Ephemeral agent is a kind of remote agent running on a Kubernetes Pod and only difference is that it will shutdown when the Job completes based on your setting.

All your variables defined in Bamboo and any script task will work as it is, it does not depend upon which agent is executing them.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events