Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make bamboo tasks one dependent on the other, if one goes wrong, the next one doesn't execut

Demétrius Egídio November 5, 2021

Basically I have 4 or 5 tasks, which need to connect to the repository, build, test on virtual android and upload to Nexus Oss, I need to leave it in a way that if one task gives an error, the others shouldn't start. In the documentation it says: "The build tasks will run sequentially in the order specified in the job. If a build task fails, all subsequent tests will not run." But that didn't happen, everything turned green, even one of the first ones went wrong. Thank you, I await a return...

Captura de tela de 2021-11-05 10-11-54.pngCaptura de tela de 2021-11-05 10-15-50.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2021

Hello @Demétrius Egídio,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

As per your screenshot, you are running multiple Jobs within the same Stage in Bamboo. Jobs will run in parallel and will not consider the results of their sibling jobs.

To instruct a Plan to stop upon a failed Job, you need to assign each Job to distinct Stages.

Stages group (or map) jobs to individual steps within a plan's build process. For example, you may have an overall build process plan that comprises a compilation step, followed by several test steps, followed by a deployment step. You can create separate Bamboo stages to represent each of these steps.

Whenever one of the Stages fail, the next upcoming Stage will not be triggered.

Here is a graphical representation of how projects in Bamboo contain plans, plans contain stages, stages contain jobs and jobs contain tasks:

More information here: 

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support - APAC

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events