Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different server ids migrating bamboo cloud to on premise server?

Brad McCoy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2016

how to go about license key when we have two different server ids migrating bamboo cloud to on premise server?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2016

Cloud and Server licences are totally separate things, and the licences are not transferable. 

In the case of migrating Cloud to Server, then technically, you need to buy your server licence, migrate, and then cancel your Cloud subscription.  In real life, get an evaluation licence for the server, do your test migration runs, migrate, cancel your Cloud subscription, and then buy the server licence before the evaluation expires.

Brad McCoy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2016

Hi thanks for you quick answer, i should have put more detail into my question, we were under the impression that because Atlassian are discontinuing there bamboo cloud they are offering a free license for us to migrate over with as per the guide: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/bamboo-server

"If you're migrating from Bamboo Cloud, we're offering you a free perpetual Bamboo Server license. You can get it from your MyAtlassian account

For more information, see the Bamboo End of Life documentation."

When we sign into MyAtlassian it allocates the server ID which is different to our new instance we made on our on premise windows server..

With those details does that change your answer?

Thanks again,

Brad

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2016

Not really.  It just means you need to tell your Atlassian account the new server id in the step "buy your server licence"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events