checkGitExistenceInSystem throws CancelException

Hello,

I am having issues getting Bamboo to connect to our Git repositories. Whenever I attempt to perform a build, the build immediately stops and I get the following error:

com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.executor.CancelException
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor.checkGitExistenceInSystem(GitCommandProcessor.java:260)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.NativeGitOperationHelper.<init>(NativeGitOperationHelper.java:123)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitOperationHelperFactory.createGitOperationHelper(GitOperationHelperFactory.java:55)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.v2.GitChangeDetector.collectChanges(GitChangeDetector.java:72)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.v2.GitChangeDetector.collectChangesSinceRevision(GitChangeDetector.java:50)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectionChangesWithRetry(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:559)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.lambda$createBuildRepositoryChanges$0(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:440)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.variable.CustomVariableContextImpl.withVariableSubstitutor(CustomVariableContextImpl.java:221)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuildInternal(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:385)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:310)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:200)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectAllChangesSinceLastBuild(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:157)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.ManualBuildDetectionAction.performDelayedChangeDetection(ManualBuildDetectionAction.java:172)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl$1.getChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:246)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.tryStartChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:337)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.delayedStart(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:208)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy151.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:302)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy151.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.lambda$call$0(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:413)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$3.call(CacheAwareness.java:159)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$3.call(CacheAwareness.java:155)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:188)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:154)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:219)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:412)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.call(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:403)
	at io.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:293)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.lock(PlanExecutionLockServiceImpl.java:85)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.doWithProcessLock(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:783)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl.access$400(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:130)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1.run(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:397)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.utils.BambooRunnables$1.run(BambooRunnables.java:51)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWith(ImpersonationHelper.java:31)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper.runWithSystemAuthority(ImpersonationHelper.java:20)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.security.ImpersonationHelper$1.run(ImpersonationHelper.java:52)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.atlassian.bamboo.executor.CancelException
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor.runCommand(GitCommandProcessor.java:645)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor.runCommand(GitCommandProcessor.java:593)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor$1.load(GitCommandProcessor.java:225)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor$1.load(GitCommandProcessor.java:216)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LoadingValueReference.loadFuture(LocalCache.java:3527)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2319)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2282)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2197)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.get(LocalCache.java:3937)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache.getOrLoad(LocalCache.java:3941)
	at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$LocalLoadingCache.get(LocalCache.java:4824)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandProcessor.checkGitExistenceInSystem(GitCommandProcessor.java:250)
	... 51 more
It looks like it can't find Git, so I uninstalled and re-installed Git. However, that didn't fix the issue. I have attempted using both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Git. The only results my Google-fu turned up involved re-installing Git, so I am out of ideas. Anyone know what might cause this error?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

So now we know that problem is at capability declaration. You can fix it, look at documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/defining-a-new-version-control-capability-289277156.html

It talks about agent capability, but if you have Local agent than look at Administration > Server capabilities 

0 votes

can you please create Script task and execute Git command there?

git --version

If it works then try to update this script task and use Git capability you created like

${bamboo_capability_system_git_executable} --version

Hey Alexey,

That's a good test! I created a new build plan with no repos and ran a script task. When I ran the first test I got this output:

17-Jan-2017 13:11:08 17-Jan-2017 13:11:08C:\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\TP-ST-JOB1&gt;git --version17-Jan-2017 13:11:08git version 2.11.0.windows.3

For the second test I got the following error. I'm not sure why it would be looking in C:\bin\Git. I suppose I could just install Git to that location in order to get it to work, but I am a little curious where it's getting that path from.

17-Jan-2017 13:16:54 17-Jan-2017 13:16:54C:\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\TP-ST-JOB1&gt;C:\bin\Git\cmd\git.exe --version17-Jan-2017 13:16:54The system cannot find the path specified.

17-Jan-2017 13:11:08 
17-Jan-2017 13:11:08C:\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\TP-ST-JOB1>git --version
17-Jan-2017 13:11:08git version 2.11.0.windows.3

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Statuspage

How do your teams prepare for really high (planned) traffic days like Cyber Monday?

Hi there! Shannon from Statuspage here.  👋  With Cyber Monday quickly approaching, we're looking to hear from Atlassian customers – specifically from teams who touch incident response li...

61 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you