Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo plan variables with "bamboo" to start, as in "bambooFooBar", confuses Bamboo

Allan Poulsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 2, 2016

Normally, if you configure a plan variable with a name like "myVariable", it will be accessed as "${bamboo_myVariable}" in a file script.

However, if the plan variable is given a name that already starts with keyword "bamboo", so for example "bambooFooBar", it should be accessible as "${bamboo_bambooFooBar}" in a file script, but instead Bamboo gets confused and doesn't add any prefix in the variable substitution phase, so it comes out as "${bambooFooBar}". This in clear in the logs in the variable substituion were it shows:

bamboo_myVariable=x

bambooFooBar=y

bamboo_yetAnotherVar=z

However, for inline scripts (not in an external file), where prefix "bamboo." rather than "bamboo_" is used, the normal substitution of "bambooFooBar" to ${bamboo.bambooFooBar} seems to work fine.

Is there a bug ticket already for this issue? I wasn't able to find one in a quick search.

2 answers

0 votes
Allan Poulsen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 2, 2016

No, it doesn't look like the same problem to me. My problem is specifically about when keyword "bamboo" is used as the start of a plan variable name.

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2016

Hello Allan,

I found this bug BAM-13017 that in my opinion is the closest one to your issue description. 

Can you give it a check?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events