Want to download Zipped Artifact :: Bamboo opens ZIP file for view :: No option to download

Mika Nuotio August 8, 2019

I have Zipped the artifacts resulting from a build plan and want to download the ZIP file from Bamboo.

image.png

When clicking on the Zipped artifact, Bamboo attempts to view the Zip file content (which obviously is garbled binary data).

image.png

What I desire is to download the Zipped artifact.

How do I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2019

EDIT

Hi @Mika Nuotio,

Could you please try the following:

1. Navigate to Admin > Overview > Security settings
  2. Click Edit at the bottom of the page
  3. Modify Resolve artifacts content type by extension option
  4. Try downloading your ZIP artifact once more

Regards

Mika Nuotio August 12, 2019

We do not want Bamboo to open the artifacts. Rather we would expect the the behavior of Bamboo to mimic both JIRA and Confluence, where the ZIP file is either a) automatically downloaded when clicked (JIRA behavior) or b) the user is prompted to download the file (Confluence behavior) when clicked.

We have figured out that we are able to download the Bamboo artifact ZIP file if we right click the artifact and select "Save links as..." (see below). This does solve our immediate needs, but it is annoying that the user interface is different between JIRA, Confluence, and Bamboo...

The below instructional video link suggests that it should be possible to have the ZIP file automatically downloaded when clicked...:

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/bamboo-essential-training/compress-and-download-the-artifacts

image.png

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2019

Can I understand from your response that after unchecking the 'Resolve artifacts content type by extension' your browser now opens the zip file instead of asking for a location to store it?

Mika Nuotio August 13, 2019

Originally 'Resolve artifacts content type by extension' was UNCHECKED.

When checking, i.e. enabling 'Resolve artifacts content type by extension', I get the desired behavior, i.e. left clicking the Zipped artifact automatically download the ZIP file.

Thank you Jack!

6 votes
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2019

Hi @Mika Nuotio,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Could you please try the following:

1. Navigate to Admin > Overview > Security settings
  2. Click Edit at the bottom of the page
  3. Uncheck (deselect) Allow artifacts to be embedded in Bamboo pages 
  4. Try downloading your ZIP artifact once more

Please note that when you deselect that option, pages such as the Clover report or other iframes/embedded pages in Bamboo may not be able to render properly.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Elias Zeidan | Bamboo Senior Support Engineer

Mika Nuotio August 12, 2019

We are using bamboo Server, not Cloud. The option "Allow artifacts to be embedded in Bamboo pages" is not an available option under Security Settings.

FYI - ZIP files added to JIRA issues are automatically downloaded when a user clicks on them. In Confluence, the user is prompted to download the ZIP file (see below)...

We would expect a similar behavior in Bamboo to download ZIPed artifacts

image.png

Marketplace Partner
August 12, 2019

I believe the correct option is called 'Resolve artifacts content type by extension' on server.

See my comment below.

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Hi @Mika Nuotio and @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ 

Thanks for clarifying those points, and I apologize for the confusion.

There is no Bamboo Cloud – though the name of the option has changed in newer versions of Bamboo Server to allow for features such as the Clover Code Coverage Report to be embedded into Bamboo pages using this feature. For reference, the option name I mentioned is from Bamboo 6.9.2.

For your version, the option that Jack mentioned should have the same effect.

Thanks,

Elias

Mihails Kuzmins January 15, 2021

I use a Bamboo Server 7.2.1 and the option Resolve artifacts content type by extension is not available for me. I only have Allow artifacts to be embedded in Bamboo pages, but this does not work

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events