Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Bamboo Dashboard Just to show results from Jenkins Builds and JUnit Tests

Andrecarlossilva August 29, 2019

I am doing a POC here in the company, now we have the scenario described below:

• I already have a Jenkins job that builds my application (it is connected to my stash repository, so I already know what are the commits involved in the builds).
  • After the builds job, we have a test job (separated and triggered by the first job) that starts an application that we wrote in the past to run the tests. The output of this application is JUnit XML files for each test.

What I would like to do in the first step of the POC:

• Just have the information consolidated in Bamboo on a Dashboard. I would like that the Jenkins job sent to Bamboo in the first job the result of the build, with the commits related and so on. Moreover, the second job can trigger Bamboo to parse the JUnit XML Files.

Any ideas to do it? I am starting using Bamboo...

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2019

Hi @Andrecarlossilva ,

What you see in Bamboo's dashboards is something that Bamboo has produced.

If you want to have external data displayed in Bamboo's Dashboard you would need to fetch data from Jenkins (e.g job result, junit test results ...) and make it available in Bamboo through a plugin. In other words, you would need to build a plugin using Atlassian SDK.

If you have all the means to develop a plugin for Bamboo to this purpose, please find the necessary information on how to work with Atlassian SDK on Getting started

Alternatively, you could consider Importing data from Jenkins and for this particular build, having it executed in Bamboo and not in Jenkins, so all the information you require would be available in Bamboo's Dashboard already.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Andrecarlossilva August 30, 2019

I understand Rafael,

I will try to find a plugin in Jenkins that integrates with Bamboo... 

Do you know if I import data from Jenkins, I will have all the history of builds that Jenkins did previously?

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2019

Hi @Andrecarlossilva ,

Jenkins build history is kept in Jenkins. Once you run the import in Bamboo, you will start from the beginning, e.g no build triggered, build 1, 2, 3, 4... and so on.

You can find more information on Import data from Jenkins on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SGWRWcJTyA

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events