Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected end of ZLIB blocks agent start on Bamboo 4.4.2

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013
Does anyone know how to prevent the problem with bamboo server's inability to provide access to remote agent jar file? This blocks agent start up and installation of new agents. It appears to be a server side problem.
I know restarting the server will resolve the problem but it will kill 20+ running builds so I'd like to find an alternative.
Symptoms
  • Can't download remote agent jar usig web ui
  • vmlbuild-16 agent fails to bootstrap with error "java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream"

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMKB/Installed+remote+agents+failing+to+start+due+to+corrupt+files?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=hercules-email&utm_content=436642

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

We ran an agent and server/master on the same system. It is possible that the dual use to /tmp was the problem. At Armen's suggestion we added the following to our wrapper.conf

-Djava.io.tmpdir=SOMEPATH 

I can see that the two instances are using different directories
1 vote
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2013

Are you running cleanup cron jobs on the temp directory? If so, they've probably deleted the zip file sent to the agent. This issue will be fixed in Bamboo 5.0 - the jar file will be regenerated if deleted.

Until then you the only workaround is either to restart the server or reconfigure the /tmp cleanup.

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

I believe I did add a cleanup step on my plan because the build stores items in tmp. I'll modify the plans to use a subdir of temp.

Peter Kahn
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

I checked our plans and we only clear specific files (xauth and xvfb files) from /tmp. I have no cronjobs running that could do this either and looked through all users and the cron log. So, I don't think there's an automated process running that would clear this file.

Also, if I copy the file to the agent's tmp all is good

scp build@vmbamboo-01:/opt/atlassian/bamboo-agent-home/atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-4.4.2.jar /tmp/jarClassPath6603717285566365500.jar

and see zero impact when I copy the file to server/master's tmp dir.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events