Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reverse proxy Bamboo 7.2.2 w/ SSL

Austin Smith February 12, 2021

Greetings,

I am working on setting up SSL reverse proxy for bamboo according to this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/securing-bamboo-behind-nginx-using-ssl-829075298.html.  For some reason, bamboo continues to attempt to redirect to port 8085 and does not respect the context path /bamboo.

After restart, when attempting to access the site behind nginx, protected w/ SSL, Bamboo is redirecting me back to port 8085 without the context path, which results in error.  

Any guidance from the community is appreciated :)

Thanks,

Austin

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

Hi! 

1. Please, verify the base url. 

2. Double check configs. 

3. Check using private mode of your browser

Thanks for the response!  

I certainly have done all of the above.  All of the other atlassian apps are working GREAT behind the same proxy.  Bamboo is the last and final one to get going ;)

The location directive in nginx near-matches the rest of the toolset's directives.  I modified the server.xml in the connector directive and added the path in the context directive.  Followed the instructions to the exact letter.

I am very lost here, unless there is a need to change something within the bamboo UI itself, there is no reason for the port to be redirecting to 8085 anymore according to the configurations... 

It is certainly something inside bamboo.  The nginx logs are showing bamboo issuing the redirect... 

Yeap - that was it.. the good ole baseURL needed to be updated under general configuration.  Will submit the request on the article I followed.

thanks for the response.  hope this helps someone else w/ the same issue.

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

That's great as you fixed you issue

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events