Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find agent with id -1

Markus November 2, 2021

Greetings!

I am trying to set up a bamboo remote agent by following this guide, but when I run the command in point 3, The function fails after 10 attempts to build the agent. After searching the logs I find that for each build attempt, the message "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find agent with id -1" is printed. I have looked into different sources, including an old working bamboo setup on the build server (no-one remember how it was set up multiple years ago so it is no-one to ask) and seen that in the file "bamboo-agent.cfg.xml" it is specified various parameters such as ID, name and description in the agentdefinition element as shown in the upper part of the picture. However in the .xml file for the new agent setup the entire agentDefinition block is missing including an ID. Since the -1 value in the message might mean that it can't find the ID, I wondered how to create an ID for the remote agent? I have googled a lot, but can't find anything about how this ID is created. Does anyone know how to find this, or have an idea of what could be the problem? Is it supposed to generate the ID as a part of the command in part 3 of the guide, or does it has to be manually specified?

Best regards

Markus

filecontent.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Markus November 3, 2021

It turned out I had downloaded the wrong version of Java, I had JRE, but you must have JDK. Memo to myself, read user guides carefully: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/supported-platforms-289276764.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events