Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show correct Jira issues in Bamboo build based on Jira version

Pieter Wouter Hartog
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

When you initiate a build in Bamboo using the Release option in JIRA, the build has a custom variable of Jira.version (among others). 

I would expect that when Bamboo creates the list of Jira Issues, it only lists the JIRA issues which are linked to the Jira Version by the 'FixVersion' field. After all, that is how a release is defined in jira; using the FixVersion field.

In addition, I would expect that the commits linked to a build are also only the commits linked to the jira issues with the FixVersion for the release i'm releasing.

However, the jira issues linked to a Bamboo build completely ignore the Jira Version parameter: it just looks at the latest commits since the previous build, and then looks at any jira issues mentioned in the comments of those recent commits. 

This makes the whole Release option in JIRA a bit useless; you break the whole chain of version based releases.

Is there a way to make this work correctly in Bamboo?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events